turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

Anyone else having problem e-filing with IRS Form 2210 under tax reform

It got accepted! Im using the online version and i did the two 0 out for 2017 method and it worked.
FD
Level 2

After three efilings, my return was accepted today, Tues, Feb 26. I made no changes or overrides and the Block A was checked with the "85% waiver" statement filled in by Turbo Tax. I am using the Premier CD. Good luck to all!

fpc
Level 4

My Federal form was accepted Feb, 26, 2019.  H&B 2018 Windows CD version.  I had to include the 2210 and an explanation even though there was no need for it.  This is a current Turbo Tax bug that needs to be fixed.

I am hoping the IRS will just ignore the 2210 and its explanation since no penalty will be accessed.

I first used override in the 2210 to kill the form.  All looked fine until I attempted to efile.  TT said the override was an error and the form would not be submitted until the error was rectified.  So I cleared the override and allowed the 2210 and its explanation to remain attached even though, doing so was a more obvious error than using an override to kill the form.

But the IRS accepted the form.  So far so good.

CharlieP
Returning Member

I updated TT desktop with the latest 3/1/19 program change and although there were no indications in the update notes that TT fixed anything, I decided to submit my return again and the return was finally accepted.  It appears form 2210 looks like before, Part II, A is checked with a notation of 85% Waiver.  An Explanation Statement was generated, but I don't believe it was sent to the IRS.  So it appears whatever was causing the problem was fixed. 

fpc
Level 4

You can preview the forms for filing, and you will find the explanation included in those forms if it was generated. When the 2210 and explanation are included to be filed, the submission will be accepted. However the problem is that the 2210 is attached to begin with. TT has stated a repair will be available March 8.

TT put in an update today (Mar 1st).  I could not find any changes to my return, but I decided to file again anyway.  This time, the IRS accepted it.  Success!

jmoor011
Returning Member

Can confirm!

I said screw it and submitted mine today for the third time and they were accepted 20 minutes later! I changed nothing and form 2210 was still autogenerating but it was accepted anyways.

geneO1

Good luck, TT sent me an email indicating a further out fix date of 3/1. Hmmm its 3/3 and no fix. I called TT and got the now familiar refrain of just do a paper filing rather than electronic. Wow I paid money for that level of customer service?

After the March 1st TT update, I filed my return and it was accepted.  But NO changes had been made to my return!  So perhaps the IRS made a change in conjunction with the TT update...  But while I was waiting to see if it was accepted (I had little hope!), I tried another workaround I read about somewhere in this thread.  Under PERSONAL>OTHER TAX SITUATIONS>ADDITIONAL TAX PAYMENTS>UNDERPAYMENT,  the 2017 liability should have been zero.  When I changed that field, it miraculously eliminated the 2210 entirely!!  

MJB
Level 2

FROM MJB on Vacation

THANK you so much for this update. and the news that both it was accepted and you found that the entire form was eliminated which is exactly what i need to have happen. I have been out of town since the 24th of Feb and will not be getting back home to my official Turbo tax on my PC and files until the 15th of March so while i am not doing anything right now - knowing that the work around actually eliminated the 2210 form is awesome to help my sleep and also ?? it sounds like the "fix" might actually also emulate the rejection. 

I owe you big time for my peace of mind - this has been such a frustration and disappointment after decades with TT and no such problems in the past.  Thanks again. MJB

How do you do that if OVERRIDE is shaded out (on mac?) 

CheriS
Intuit Alumni

As of today (3/8/19) Form 2210 issue is fixed. Please update your TurboTax software. If you are using TurboTax Online, it is updated automatically. Please sign out, clear cache/cookies and sign back in. 

I have filed my 2018 taxes, on line, and had the return accepted by IRS. No guarantee that my entries on Form 2210 will be accepted.  Filing estimated taxes for the year begins by estimating your 2019 taxes NOW. I have somewhat varied income quarter-by-quarter for Q1, Q2 and Q3. My biggest hit comes in December when my RMD is due and all my taxable mutual funds distribute end of year capital gains and dividends. If I do a 12-month average I will wind up paying too much in advance. Turbo Tax should add a feature that assists in making these estimations for the coming tax year.  The calculations for each quarter are very complex and the verbiage on the IRS web site will cause you consider leaving the country (joke). It seems to me that Turbo Tax could add this feature in Premier, or offer it for a nominal additional fee.

Me too. Exact same problem with D.  It only shows three columns and I did not have A checked for waiver.

taxjeri
Returning Member

I understood Credit Karma was free  but it isn't  they want me to sign up  Ive been involved with them before and I dont like them  Now Im not sure my taxes have been submitted

How can I check?????????????????

Jeri Wall

[email address removed]

txajeri

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies