Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

CheriS
Intuit Alumni

Anyone else having problem e-filing with IRS Form 2210 under tax reform

FORM 2210 Part II Box A E-file Reject

Rejection code from the IRS: If Part II Box A is checked and you are eligible for the 85% Waiver, your return cannot be electronically filed.

Please review Instructions for Form 2210 from the IRS website.

To e-File with Box A checked in TurboTax Desktop, please look at this instruction per this TurboTax FAQ.

If you are in TTO, because there is no forms mode option, customers must print and mail their return.

This is the result of tax reform. We understand this is a pain point for customers and we continue to seek more clarification from the IRS.

Thank you

glendags

What is the solution? Turbo Tax doesn't seem to help..

Can someone please post here when there is fix for this problem on the online version of Turbotax. 

babupe

Hey, I tried filing my return online with TT Premier through the app.

My return got rejected.

This was the error message:

F2210-003 - If Form 2210, Part II, Line A checkbox 'WaiverOfEntirePenaltyInd' is checked, then [WaiverExplanationStatement] must be attached to Form 2210.

I also paid with my credit card. Will this transaction be cancelled automatically since the return was rejected?

What are my options to refile? Do I need to file this over mail?

Is Turbotax working on a fix that will allow me to file this online?

Since we have to file through the mail, do we just print out the return as is or do we need to print out any additional 2210 explanation form?

johagey

Did this work for you?  I can't get it to override/unclick.

kopleff

THANK YOU! 

I have underpayment due to the tax changes and my initial return was rejected with just the '85% waiver' text noted in form 2210 part ii-a. 

But this method JUST worked for me ... as this method generated the addition explanation page required, and the IRS accepted on 2/18.

Seems to be rampant. I refilled after attaching an explanation saying "I am not underpaying and I have no penalty". 

pbesong
Returning Member

So you're saying this will NOT be fixed later this week for the online version as indicated by some responses to this thread? We have to print out our forms and mail them in? Can I use the Mac Desktop version  and eFile instead?

I owe no penalty but need form 2210 filed with box C checked because I pay variable estimated taxes.  Why does TTO insist on checking box A and not giving me any means of removing that check?  That is a problem with TT, not the IRS.

46r
Returning Member

CheriS (moderator) says that if using TTO, you have to print/mail the return.  NY requires e-filing, which won't be accepted until the federal e-file is accepted.  TT ... please fix the online federal version!

Good news! I was able to successfully e-file. I went to Form 2210, Line 17 and clicked the QuickZoom to Waiver Explanation Statement. A box opened and I wrote that we qualified for the 85% Waiver and that we had made Estimated Tax Payments quarterly which when added to our withholding exceeded our total tax liability.

California requires that IRS accept your e-file before the state will accept one. They also accepted my filing.

Thanks to all who replied to my original post.

johagey

Thanks.  This worked for me. I finally got the message my tax return was accepted.

The quick zoom function doesn’t work on the online version of TT. Anyone able to file using the online version without getting this rejection? Any other word on updates TT to fix this issue?

I followed the procedure suggested by one other person, My Federal tax has been accepted.  I want to share that info. With the Federal Forms open, go to Form 2210, in Part II box A (which was checked for me), right click on the box, Override is one of the options, click on it, box will be checked with red X, click on red X, box becomes unchecked and the Form 2210 disappears.  Check and make sure it is gone from the list of forms.  Save your file.  Recheck the form is not in the list of forms.  Finish filing again.  This should work.  Good Luck.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies