turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Access to Federal forms is blocked

When doing Federal and State taxes, you must start with Federal, of course.

Once Federal info is correct, I check it carefully by reviewing the forms and worksheets in the Print Center.

However, once you start the State process, you can no longer get access to the Federal forms, unless you pay for the State.  This is problematic.  In my case, once I started the State process, it mutilated my data (see other posts) and I was in a panic to recover the ton of data I had entered in the Federal forms.  Ha! Gotcha, now access to the Federal Forms is blocked and I have to pay for the State form before I can get access.  However, I do not want to pay for the State form as it has too many bugs in it and even corrupted my Federal Data!

This is very troubling.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

2 Replies
Kat
Level 15
Level 15

You may just want to delete your state completely.  Use the instructions included in the TurboTax FAQ linked below.

How do I delete my state return in TurboTax Online? 

*** I am NOT a tax expert. I am a seasoned TurboTax user, and volunteer to provide assistance to TT users. Nothing I post is to be considered TAX ADVICE; I bear no legal liability for responses.***

Thanks.  That is exactly what I already did to get out of this blocking.  There is still a bug in the TurboTax logic that prevents you from even looking at the Federal Forms until you have paid for the state form.

Thanks for your help.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies