Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

8822 (Change of Address) When E-filing with Turbo Tax

I E-filed using TurboTax and during the process I indicated that had a Change of Address to file (Form 8822).

My question is since I filed electronically will my return be delayed because it's waiting for that 8822 Change of Address Form or will it just process since it's electronic filling.   My second question is when I print out the Change of Address Form to actually mail it,  it's showing DO NOT FILE and FORM NOT FINAL on the document is there a reason why it's showing that and what do I need to do to fix that??

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

2 Replies
DavidD66
Expert Alumni

The fact that you indicated you will be filing Form 8822 should not have any impact on your tax return, nor should it delay your refund if you are having your refund direct deposited.  I can't answer why the Form says Not Final.  You can print a copy from the IRS website, fill out and mail.   Go to:

Form 8822

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

Thanks Sir.... I looked it up more and it's seems like the 8822 Form for some reason it's showing that it hasn't been finalized for this year and it's not going to be till Feb 22nd or something, so maybe that's why it's like that.  That's the only thing I can think of.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies