turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

2018 Schedule E

I am using Turbo Deluxe and paid $59.99 for the online version.  I own one rental property and Intuit is asking me to pay another $79.99 for the Premier version.  Please tell me there is another way to avoid paying this unjustified cost of $79.99, by using the Deluxe version.  From my perspective this is highway robbery, and if there isn't a work around its time, after about 15 years with Intuit, to move on.

Thank-you,

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions

2018 Schedule E

You misunderstood.  You do need Premier in order to prepare a Schedule E, but it will not cost an additional $79.99.  It will cost you a $20 difference in the fee for Deluxe and Premier to upgrade from Deluxe to Premier.

**Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to offer the most correct information possible. The poster disclaims any legal responsibility for the accuracy of the information that is contained in this post.**

View solution in original post

7 Replies

2018 Schedule E

You misunderstood.  You do need Premier in order to prepare a Schedule E, but it will not cost an additional $79.99.  It will cost you a $20 difference in the fee for Deluxe and Premier to upgrade from Deluxe to Premier.

**Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to offer the most correct information possible. The poster disclaims any legal responsibility for the accuracy of the information that is contained in this post.**

2018 Schedule E

If you have not paid the deluxe fee yet then you will only pay the premier fee.... if you have paid the deluxe fee you only have to pay the upgrade charge.
LARDIZEGC
Returning Member

2018 Schedule E

Where do I find Schedule E so I can enter the rental expenses?

LARDIZEGC
Returning Member

2018 Schedule E

I need to file my Forms 1040 and 540 today and I haven't completed my income tax returns. Please help me.  I use QBPRO and Turbotax Home & Business edition.

Thanks.

2018 Schedule E

@LARDIZEGC wrote:

"Where do I find Schedule E so I can enter the rental expenses?"

" I use QBPRO and Turbotax Home & Business edition."

I don't know anything about QuickBooks Pro, but for TurboTax I can tell you how to navigate to the Schedule E rental interview in your desktop Home and Business Edition.   

Launch TurboTax, and with your return open, click the BUSINESS tab at the top.

Then click subtab "Business Income and Expenses."

Choose "I'll choose what I work on."
On a screen that says "Let's gather your business info" scroll down to the topic RENTAL PROPERTIES AND ROYALTIES and click Start.

2018 Schedule E

We have used turbo tax for years now and you, and others of us who make the "BIG" bucks in rental properties must upgrade to the premier version for that simple schedule.  Good news is the upgrade is only $20.  It can be delivered electronically.  Just click the upgrade TurboTax button when you start the program.

Its easy.

A few questions and you are done with the rental information.

2018 Schedule E

Rockut:

User LARDIZEGC said he is using desktop software Home and Business Edition, the highest desktop edition.   But in any case, all of the desktop editions (CD/download) can prepare Schedule E.  It is only in Online TurboTax where Premier or higher is required for Schedule E.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies