Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Event: Ask the Experts about your refund > RSVP NOW!
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

jslap0126

How do I remove form 1095-1 why is turbo tax asking for form 1095-a? I have 1095-b and 8965 for health insurance

The 1095-b is the form that was issued in which there is no information needed.  however the program is asking for form 1095-a because taxpayer was only covered for 2 months and has filed for exemption because employer healthcare costs are unaffordable therefore the exemption form 8965 was completed. How do I get to transmit the return/ It keeps asking for the 1095-a

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions
Coleen3
Intuit Alumni

How do I remove form 1095-1 why is turbo tax asking for form 1095-a? I have 1095-b and 8965 for health insurance

The 1095-B is not entered into the tax return. If you have insurance through the Marketplace, enter the 1095-A. If you have insurance through work or elsewhere, merely answer the question about the number of months and be done with it.

You can qualify for an exemption even if you had no insurance at all, in which case you would have no form.

View solution in original post

5 Replies
Coleen3
Intuit Alumni

The 1095-B is not entered into the tax return. If you have insurance through the Marketplace, enter the 1095-A. If you have insurance through work or elsewhere, merely answer the question about the number of months and be done with it.

You can qualify for an exemption even if you had no insurance at all, in which case you would have no form.

jslap0126

The turbo tax program keeps asking for the completed 1095-a I have none an never indicated so.  Its preventing the completion of the submission of the return.  How can I delete it?
Coleen3
Intuit Alumni

1. Open your return in TurboTax. (To do this, sign in to TurboTax, and select the Take me to my return button.)
2. In the left side bar, select Tax Tools> Tools.
3. In the pop-up window Tool Center, choose Delete a form.
Select Delete next to the form/schedule/worksheet and follow the onscreen instructions.
deejo1967

Clicked the 1095 A on accident
Jeh1
Level 2

i am trying to delete form 1095b as i found out its not required and i don't have all the info to fill it correctly 

under tools there is not delete form any where can i delete it after i answered the question yes i have

or can i go back to the questions and unclick

thanks

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies