Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Kleyop

Quarterly estimate filing through TurboTax

I filed our 2023 taxes with TT Home & Business Desktop on April 1, 2024. TT had me fill out all the info for ACH debits from my checking account. Is there a way to check to see if TT filed that info with the IRS? It is now April 17 and the estimates for both fed and state have not been debited from my account. I don't want to have penalties if TT did not schedule the payments.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

2 Replies
CatinaT1
Expert Alumni

Call IRS e-file Payment Services 24/7 at 1-888-353-4537 to inquire about your payment.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

@Kleyop 

OK, for Quarterly Estimates for 2024?

You can arrange payment of your Federal (and some states) 2023 balance due when you e-file...but not the Federal Quarterly estimates for 2024 taxes.  TTX can print the 2024 form 1040ES Quarterly Estimated vouchers for you, but no payments can be auto-arranged when you e-file.

You read something wrong...TTX will help you prepare your 2024 Quarterly estimates, but it does not arrange, nor submit the actual payment data when you file.  You have to do that separately outside of the TTX software ....either by sending in the printed 1040ES voucher with a check, or by going to the IRS payment website (or the EFTPS website if you've been doing that in the past)

..same thing for virtually all State 2024 quarterly estimates that I've heard of (exceptions being NY...maybe CA? not sure of that one).  All other state quarterly estimates have to be paid outside of the TTX software....either with the printed vouchers, thru PO mail, or on a state's payment website.

____________*Answers are correct to the best of my knowledge when posted, but should not be considered to be legal or official tax advice.*
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies