Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Qualified for 3rd stimulus, followed all prompts, but can find no trace of it in my federal return. Is it a separate deposit entirely, or should I be seeing it included?

I got the “We’ll make sure you get every penny”, prompt after following the questions, but I don’t see anything relating to a stimulus in my filed return. Just wondering if I missed something, or if it’s just a separate deposit. Any ideas?
Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

2 Replies

Qualified for 3rd stimulus, followed all prompts, but can find no trace of it in my federal return. Is it a separate deposit entirely, or should I be seeing it included?

If you are getting the 3rd EIP payment as a recovery rebate credit it is on line 30 of your Form 1040 and is added to your refund or can reduce your tax owed.  You do not receive it as a separate payment.

PREVIEW 1040

https://ttlc.intuit.com/questions/1901539-how-do-i-preview-my-turbotax-online-return-before-filing

Click on Tax Tools on the left side of the screen. Click on Tools. Click on View Tax Summary. Click on Preview my 1040 on the left side of the screen.

**Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to offer the most correct information possible. The poster disclaims any legal responsibility for the accuracy of the information that is contained in this post.**
LenaH
Employee Tax Expert

If you qualified for the Recovery Rebate Credit, it would be on Line 30 of your return. It is not a separate deposit. It either increases your refund or decreases your tax due.

Generally, you are eligible for the full amount of the third Economic Impact Payment (or the Recovery Rebate Credit) if you:

• are a U.S. citizen or U.S. resident alien (and their spouse if filing a joint return), and
  • are not a dependent of another taxpayer, and
  • had adjusted gross income (AGI) that is not more than:
    • $150,000 if married and filing a joint return or if filing as a qualifying widow or widower
    • $112,500 if filing as head of household or
    • $75,000 for any other filing status

Payments are phased out – or reduced – above those AGI amounts. This means people do not qualify if their AGI was at least:

• $160,000 if married and filing a joint return or if filing as a qualifying widow or widower
  • $120,000 if filing as head of household
  • $80,000 for any other filing status
**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies