Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

problems to create 1099

I'm really struggling.  I bought a home and business version for 2022, CD version, and installed on my mac.  I need to issue a 1099 quickly.  The CD jacket explicitly says for PC and Mac only, and checks the category of "create 1099 forms"

First I find a topic that says that is only supported on PCs for print version (not what it said on CD jacket).

Next it says for e-file (I can live with that)  go to "Quick Employers Forms".  When I go their, it refuses to recognize I have a properly installed and paid for 2022 version and insists on selling me a new one.  2 hours of trying to solve this, 1 hour on the phone with tech support, that provided an awkward path that forces me to start filing online.  I'm quite frustrated - its designed for frustration, not for delight.

x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

2 Best answer

Accepted Solutions

problems to create 1099

If you are using the Mac Home & Business CD/Download program you can only prepare W2s and 1099s using QEF-Quick Employer Forms.  At the bottom of the Welcome to Turbo Tax screen it should say Create 1099s for Contractors and W2s for Employees.  If not restart Turbo Tax.  

Another way to get to the Quick Employer Forms is to go to the Business tab - Continue

Select I'll Choose what I work on (if it comes up)

Top item Profit or Loss from Business - Click Start

Click Edit by your Business

Then either

Scroll down to Business Expenses

On Other Common Business Expenses, click the start or update button

There are two sections where you can start using the QEF for contractors or employees.

For Contractors, on Contract Labor, Click the Start button

On the screen "Enter Contract Labor Expenses" there is shown "Create and File W-2s and 1099s Online with Turbo Tax Quick Employer Forms" and a "Start here" blue highlighted link.  This will take you to the QEF website.

View solution in original post

problems to create 1099

Thanks so much, problem solved.  At first, I was nervous, took me to same link as before.  But this time, maybe because of link and that I was coming from within a valid TurboTax software, it worked, and I was able to complete forms.  Super, my contractor can do their taxes.  BTW, neat name, ToyotaBoy would not be as cool

View solution in original post

6 Replies

problems to create 1099

Does the link below not work for you?

https://quickemployerforms.intuit.com/signin.htm

problems to create 1099

It gets me to same place I've been struggling with.

Link works to get me to quick forms, I login in, then only choice is "go to Turbo Tax", and then only choice is to buy Turbotax business.  I can't get beyond that.

When I'm in Intuit.com account, it knows I purchased 2017-2021, but can't seem to realized I just installed a purchased version of 2022.

HeatherPLO
Intuit Alumni

problems to create 1099

Please give us a call back so we can try a few more options.  When you do, please let us know the details of the purchased software. 

Please reach out to us directly using the Help Article here.  This ensures you will get to the correct department as quickly as possible.  

@beau roux

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

problems to create 1099

If you are using the Mac Home & Business CD/Download program you can only prepare W2s and 1099s using QEF-Quick Employer Forms.  At the bottom of the Welcome to Turbo Tax screen it should say Create 1099s for Contractors and W2s for Employees.  If not restart Turbo Tax.  

Another way to get to the Quick Employer Forms is to go to the Business tab - Continue

Select I'll Choose what I work on (if it comes up)

Top item Profit or Loss from Business - Click Start

Click Edit by your Business

Then either

Scroll down to Business Expenses

On Other Common Business Expenses, click the start or update button

There are two sections where you can start using the QEF for contractors or employees.

For Contractors, on Contract Labor, Click the Start button

On the screen "Enter Contract Labor Expenses" there is shown "Create and File W-2s and 1099s Online with Turbo Tax Quick Employer Forms" and a "Start here" blue highlighted link.  This will take you to the QEF website.

problems to create 1099

Thanks so much, problem solved.  At first, I was nervous, took me to same link as before.  But this time, maybe because of link and that I was coming from within a valid TurboTax software, it worked, and I was able to complete forms.  Super, my contractor can do their taxes.  BTW, neat name, ToyotaBoy would not be as cool

problems to create 1099

Heather,

really appreciate the offer.  VolvoGirl proposed solution worked and I'm fine now.  Thanks,

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies