Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

RicN
Level 2

Problem with Turbo Tax 2022 and macOS BigSur

Dear TurboTax

My TurboTax 2022 in mac stopped running after the update in TurboTax of end of July (2023).

My mac is up-to-date and satisfies all the requirements as shown here:

https://turbotax.intuit.com/personal-taxes/cd-download/tta-system-requirements

My mac is running BigSur 11.7.9 and all other requirements are satisfied.

I have then followed the procedures of completing uninstalling and installing the programs as mentioned in

https://ttlc.intuit.com/turbotax-support/en-us/help-article/product-delivery/remove-reinstall-turbot...

but that did not work either.

I copy-paste below the relevant part of the problem. I googled a little bit the problem to understand what was going on and as far I can tell the latest updates in turbotax 2022 are not compatible with BigSur 11.7.9, but that is strange, because the program should work with that version of macOS, and the turbotax 2022 was working just fine before the July turbotax update.

Please note that I and others have not yet filled the 2022 taxes and need the program working to do so.

Best regards

R (Aug 3rd 2023)

Note: relevant portion of error message in mac is:

Time Awake Since Boot: 1900 seconds

System Integrity Protection: enabled

Crashed Thread:        0

Exception Type:        EXC_CRASH (SIGABRT)

Exception Codes:       [number removed], [number removed]

Exception Note:        EXC_CORPSE_NOTIFY

Termination Reason:    DYLD, [0x4] Symbol missing

Application Specific Information:

dyld: launch, loading dependent libraries

Dyld Error Message:

Symbol not found: __ZTINSt3__114basic_ofstreamIcNS_11char_traitsIcEEEE

Referenced from: /Applications/TurboTax 2022.app/Contents/MacOS/../Frameworks/libLogger.dylib

Expected in: /usr/lib/libc++.1.dylib

in /Applications/TurboTax 2022.app/Contents/MacOS/../Frameworks/libLogger.dylib

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions
RicN
Level 2

Hi Everyone,

I confirm that with the new update things are working fine. I uninstalled the program entirely and downloaded the new file.

For those consulting this forum to uninstall in Mac please see:

https://ttlc.intuit.com/turbotax-support/en-us/help-article/product-delivery/remove-reinstall-turbot...

Then you can get the new file on your account, scroll down in the TurboTax page and see

TurboTax CD/download login

Login there, select the TurboTax 2022 that you already paid and install it again.

It worked for me!

Thanks everyone

View solution in original post

5 Replies
rjs
Level 15
Level 15

TurboTax is aware of the problem. See the following FAQ.

TurboTax CD/Download for Mac won't open after updating

RicN
Level 2

Thanks and it's good to know they are aware of the problem. But the link you have on your post leads me to a missing article. Can you please mention the correct link?

rjs
Level 15
Level 15

They delete the article when they have fixed the problem. There was an update today. Try to run TurboTax and see if you get an update. If that doesn't work, the only thing I can suggest is to call support.

@RicN 

One other person noted that they were informed that a fix will be in place by the end of the day on Friday (4 Aug)...SO close it down and run it/update the software on Saturday...see if it's fixed then.

____________*Answers are correct to the best of my knowledge when posted, but should not be considered to be legal or official tax advice.*
RicN
Level 2

Hi Everyone,

I confirm that with the new update things are working fine. I uninstalled the program entirely and downloaded the new file.

For those consulting this forum to uninstall in Mac please see:

Then you can get the new file on your account, scroll down in the TurboTax page and see

TurboTax CD/download login

Login there, select the TurboTax 2022 that you already paid and install it again.

It worked for me!

Thanks everyone

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies