Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Prior Year Info Missing

My Turbotax experience is not great this year. I logged in and it asked me to agree or decline to 2 privacy/how we use your data type terms. Everything was phrased very ambiguously so I didn't really understand. I wanted Intuit not to give my data to other companies for marketing purposes or use my taxes for its own ad targeting. I answered the best I could and then started my taxes as usual with the prior year data all there. When it came to importing my W-2, it kept failing which has never happened before so I wondered if maybe I chose the wrong thing for those first two "how we use your data" type questions. I opted to clear and restart to answer them again since I hadn't gotten very far.

Now, no matter what I do TurboTax treats me like it knows nothing about me and wants me to enter every single detail fresh from scratch. I've used TurboTax Online for years. I can see all the prior year when I navigate to it. But I keep clearing and restarting my 2023 taxes but it won't integrate that prior year data into my 2023 return. How can I get it to fill in what it knows about me? All the instructions just say to "just log in" and that doesn't work. I'm using the right account.  I've tried in my Chrome browser on my Mac and on the Turbotax app on my iphone. I don't want to have to find all these details again. Is there some kind of file I can export from my prior year data? Is there any support other than calling?

Thank you!

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

3 Replies
CatinaT1
Expert Alumni

Prior Year Info Missing

Were you able to solve your issue? 

If not, please call TurboTax Customer service.  Here is a link:  Turbo Tax Customer Service 

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

Prior Year Info Missing

Nope. I just tried again and it displayed all my info in the loading screen saying it was gettng my info from last year including my dependents and what company my w2 was from. But then when the loading screen finished, it was all blank.

I don't know which is worse calling support on the phone or finding my kids SSNs and trying to remember all the things I need to remember to add to my return. Honestly pre-filling in all that info is like the only reason I have to use Turbotax these days so maybe it's time to look at alternatives. 

CatinaT1
Expert Alumni

Prior Year Info Missing

I wonder if this FAQ has any ideas you haven't tried: How do I transfer last year's return into the 2023 TurboTax software for Mac?

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies