HMishkoff

Preparing Installation...

When I try to install the downloaded program, it gets as far as "Preparing Installation..." and then it just sits there forever. I've been using TT for a zillion years with no problems. Help!

HMishkoff

Preparing Installation...

I did all that, and then I unregistered and re-registered the Windows Installer service (and rebooted again), that did the trick.

SteamTrain

Preparing Installation...

Make sure you check for "Windows" updates  before installing TTX.  Any waiting updates will block TTX installation.

Check for any, the reboot anyhow, no matter what...and try again.

........AND Make Sure you rt-click on the installation file and "Run as administrator"  Don't just double-click on it

_______________________

Beyond that

Work with Customer Support on the phone:

https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/using-turbotax/help/what-is-the-turbotax-phone-number/00/25632

____________*Answers are correct to the best of my knowledge when posted, but should not be considered to be legal or official tax advice.*
HMishkoff

Preparing Installation...

Debbie68

Preparing Installation...

Hello. I looked at the solutions regarding this problem. Thank you for the tip on right-clicking as an administrator. After doing this I was able to move forward, however it took 5-10 minutes for the install to finish.

frank1492

Preparing Installation...

For years the startup of TT has been frustrating. The absence of progress bars at some stages, coupled with mega-slow installation makes one think the process is hung. No clue as to why they don't fix that!!!

frank1492

Preparing Installation...

The entire process with updates just took about an hour! Some of the advice may be good but I'd just recommend great patience. If you think it's hung, go out for  a long walk.