turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Tax Year Prior to 2020: Can u use PayPal account to put your fed. Tax refund on?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

18 Replies
DamianLO
Intuit Alumni

Tax Year Prior to 2020: Can u use PayPal account to put your fed. Tax refund on?

Please see refund options below:

https://ttlc.intuit.com/questions/1925117-what-are-the-different-options-for-getting-my-federal-irs-...

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

Yes I did this year. U hafta have PayPal debit card n get give u Wells Fargo acct then on it account info on PayPal ull find act # & routing number plus bank info
Justsaph

& how long did it take for you to get your refund back? People are telling me I shouldn’t have used my pay pal to get my refund back cause now it’s going to take forever. I still haven’t even got a direct deposit date. My irs app refund status has been at a stand still for like 2 weeks now. All it says is it’s being processed. An I’m worried, that because I used my pay pal for a direct deposit it’s going to take longer to get my money. 

VictorW9
Expert Alumni

Your refund status has nothing to do with the fact that you used your Paypal account for your deposit. Some returns do take longer for IRS to process. If fact, if you claimed the earned income credit (EIC), your refund will be held for a bit longer than if you did not. It's just an IRS policy to help combat fraud.

Mayra957

Did u receive urs with no problems?mine wheryrefind says sent but no money on mt paypalcash 

LeonardS
Expert Alumni

Yes, you can have your refund deposited to your PayPal account. This PayPal web page Get your tax refund faster than the speed of a paper check. has directions for depositing your refund  into your PayPal account.

MrsLia

How long after money has been released does it show up on the account?

JakailaLO
Intuit Alumni

It can take 1 to 5 days for your financial institution to deposit funds into your account

If the status in Where’s My Refund? shows “Refund Sent”, the IRS has sent your tax refund to your financial institution for direct deposit. If you don't receive it in after 5 days then you should contact your financial institution.

I had a quick Question. I filed my income tax with my middle initial. And I added my paypal account info to receive payment. But my paypal doesn’t have my middle initial. Will that be a problem?

Mb7771

My problem also. Says it was sent to derect deposit I  the 24th but theres no money In my account. 

As indicated above, it can take your financial institution1-5 days to credit the deposit.

Cass0317
Intuit Alumni

It can take 1 to 5 days for your financial institution to deposit funds into your account. 

If the status in Where’s My Refund? shows “Refund Sent”, the IRS has sent your tax refund to your financial institution for direct deposit. If you don't receive it in after 5 days then you should contact your financial institution.

For additional information, please see the IRS link below:

Frequently Asked Questions and Answers

@Mb7771

Hannum21

I also see that it was sent to my bank on the 24th but is not pending or recieved on my paypal card. Has anyone else recieved their return on paypal yet?

HeatherPLO
Intuit Alumni

@Hannum21

If it has been over 5 days and you haven't received your refund, please reach out to your financial institution first.  If they have no record, you will then need to reach out to the IRS to run a trace.  For more information on this, please see the IRS Help Page here.  

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies