Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

crs0417

Please help! Accidentally submitted a Non-Filer form

After I "start over" , can I just type my 1040 form on the non-filer  then e-file my Tax form from it?

You MUST use the amendment process ... log in ... scroll down and make that choice...

amend home screen.PNG

No, my situation has gotten worse. Due to the fact that I have not filed in over 7 years I am being told they have no updated info on me. I am on SS

Everyone who receives any type of social security is eligible for stimulus payment plus the IRS has their information because the SSA is giving the IRS your info.

Whoever told you otherwise is full of it.

JV88

They won't take electronically any more because it's showing as if you filed your federal taxes as a non filer but didn't file with the state yet.

Solution:

Amend the federal and

File the state as normal. 

Both filed by printing and mailing your returns. 

cyndiraz1

I did the SAME THING & now IRS won't let me file my 2019 taxes saying there is a duplicate SS# being used.  I applied for Stimulus check under "NON-FILERS" because I earn less than $12,000/year but found out recently I have to file since I pay for Marketplace Health Insurance & they will take away insurance if I don't file.  Is there ANYWAY to delete the Stimulus check application & start over so I can e-File my 2019 taxes?

DawnC
Expert Alumni

The Economic Impact Payment’s Non-Filers tool was not intended for use by taxpayers who also needed to file a tax return with the IRS for tax year 2019. If you used the Non-Filers tool to register for an Economic Impact Payment, you cannot now file your tax return electronically. 

You must complete and print a paper 2019 Form 1040 or 1040-SR tax return, write “Amended EIP Return” at the top, and mail it to the IRS.  If you owe tax, you should pay it in full by the July 15 due date.  Interest will be charged after July 15 on any amounts that are not paid by July 15. For more information, visit the Amended EIP Return page.     @cyndiraz1

Recommended if you owe tax: Pay your taxes at IRS Direct Pay (this also automatically gives you an extension)

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies