Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Please advise where I can find California Form 3849 to report premium assistance subsidy for 2021 filing

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

4 Replies
MaryK4
Expert Alumni

Please advise where I can find California Form 3849 to report premium assistance subsidy for 2021 filing

You can sign in to your CoveredCA.com account and go to your secured mailbox to see if your tax forms are available to download. If you still don’t see your tax forms, please contact the Covered California Service Center.

FTB 3895 reports people who enrolled in a qualified health plan through the California Health Insurance Marketplace (Marketplace). The term “Marketplace” refers to the California state Marketplace, also known as Covered California. If you or your applicable household members enrolled at the Marketplace in more than one qualified health plan policy, you will receive a form FTB 3895 for each policy. 

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

Hi,

Thank you for your response. I got the Form 3859 from Covered California and I'm required to report the details using Form 3849.  I'm required to submit Form 3849 with California filing.  I can' t find the Form 3849 in TurboTax.

Please advise where I can locate Form 3849 in TurboTax. Or when will the form be available.

Best,

Christina

MaryK4
Expert Alumni

Hi Christina- Sorry I get the form numbers confused.  In your California state tax return, you will see "Were you enrolled in any of these less common plans in 2021?"  You will click Yes than indicate on the next screen that you had Covered California.  Continue and answer the questions and TurboTax will create and file the Form 3849 for you,  

@chriskao98

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

Thank you.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies