turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

kaysttee

Can any one explain why It’s asking me for payment information for my federal taxes, but it is not telling me how much nor why I owe?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions

Can any one explain why It’s asking me for payment information for my federal taxes, but it is not telling me how much nor why I owe?

OK ... before you got to that point you should have been given the chance to REVIEW the entire return and make corrections if needed ... take that option now  and only proceed with the FILE tab when you are sure the return is correct ... 

Click on Tax Tools on the left side of the online program screen.  Then click on Print Center.  Then click on Print, save or preview this year's return.  Choose the option Include government and TurboTax worksheets

View solution in original post

3 Replies

Payment for the Turbo Tax fees or for a tax due?  
Looks like you are in Deluxe.  You have to pay the fees before you can print or file.
 How to review your fees  <a rel="nofollow" target="_blank" href="https://ttlc.intuit.com/replies/4202093">https://ttlc.intuit.com/replies/4202093</a>

You can peek at only  the Federal form 1040 and the summary of the state info by going here:

1) lower select "Tools"
3) then select "View Tax Summary" from the pop-up
4) then back to the left-side - Left side of the screen...click to the left side of the "Tax Tools" text selection.
2)  then and "Preview 1040"

Then hit the "Back" on the left side to get back to your tax entries.

OK ... before you got to that point you should have been given the chance to REVIEW the entire return and make corrections if needed ... take that option now  and only proceed with the FILE tab when you are sure the return is correct ... 

Click on Tax Tools on the left side of the online program screen.  Then click on Print Center.  Then click on Print, save or preview this year's return.  Choose the option Include government and TurboTax worksheets

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies