Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

OVER PAYMENT

So a few months ago I received a letter from the IRS stating that my employer has submitted additional wadges for me that I did not claim on my either 2020 or 2021. They were paying me under the table but some how added it to my wadges years later. How is that even possible? :( But also my papers were destroyed so I no longer have them and can't get through when I call the IRS. When I log on to my IRS account it shows no balance. So I am confused on what to do. The IRS is saying that I owe about $7000 for over payment .... Any help would be appreciated because I have no idea what to do!

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

2 Replies

OVER PAYMENT

You will have to discuss with the IRS. TurboTax can’t help you. 

OVER PAYMENT

You have to sort this out with the IRS.  And...you say you received that letter "a few months ago".....you cannot ignore a letter from the IRS and not respond to it.   If they are charging you interest --the amount you owe is going up.   TurboTax gets no information from the IRS after you file your tax return.  This is not an issue that TurboTax can help with.   You say you were being paid "under the table"----and now it has come back to bite you.   Sorry.   

**Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to offer the most correct information possible. The poster disclaims any legal responsibility for the accuracy of the information that is contained in this post.**
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies