Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

jasmine1

I moved to the US in Oct and started work in Nov. Prior to this I was living and working in Singapore for the past 4 years. i have a greencard that was approved in april.

Singapore does not have a tax treaty. How do I go about with doing my taxes?
Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

5 Replies

I moved to the US in Oct and started work in Nov. Prior to this I was living and working in Singapore for the past 4 years. i have a greencard that was approved in april.

As a green card holder, you are subject to U.S. tax on your worldwide income. Your U.S. tax obligation likely started in April, even though you did not have U.S. source income until recently. You need to check what your filing obligations are in Singapore. In 2017, any tax you pay to Singapore on income also taxable in the U.S. should be eligible for a foreign tax credit. Best for you to contact a U.S. tax professional.
jasmine1

so if i buy turbotax live, that should be ok to help me out?
jasmine1

or can i just buy the turbotax advantage product?

I am not familiar w/ their service.

Or how complex your situation might be.
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies