turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

pengj0917

Once my federal tax has been e-filed and accepted, does this mean my taxes were paid in full or do we still have to mail our taxes in

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

2 Replies

Once my federal tax has been e-filed and accepted, does this mean my taxes were paid in full or do we still have to mail our taxes in

If  you e-filed your tax return you do not have to mail anything in--it was done electronically.  But you asked if your tax was "paid in full."  What did you do to pay your tax?  Did you indicate a bank account to be debited?  Did you pay on the IRS site?  What about your state tax---did you pay any state tax due?  How did you pay the state?  Most states want you to send in a check or money order or use their own tax web site to pay.  Look at the filing instructions that are part of the pdf---what does it say you did to pay your federal and state taxes?

**Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to offer the most correct information possible. The poster disclaims any legal responsibility for the accuracy of the information that is contained in this post.**

If your efile was Accepted you don't have to mail anything in except your tax due payment.  Unless you entered your bank info for the IRS to take  it directly out of your bank account.

Print out your return and see if you have a tax due and need to mail a payment.  It will print out a 1040V voucher if you need to pay.

But if you owe State you probably have to pay that separately.  

Check the printout or PDF of your return; look for the state cover sheet with the Turbotax logo.  If you owed tax, it will show the payment information and how/when you decided to pay.  Read the state payment instructions carefully since most states cannot be paid from within the TT system and requires additional steps.

https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/refunds/help/what-are-my-options-for-getting-my-state-refund-or-fo...

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies