Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

mikea2gl

Once I am done filing my 2018 tax's will Turbo Tax automatically send my return to the IRS.Once they start accepting 2018 tax returns

x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Reply

Once I am done filing my 2018 tax's will Turbo Tax automatically send my return to the IRS.Once they start accepting 2018 tax returns

WHEN  all the forms in your return are ready to file AND you can complete the FILE tab all the way to the end and SUBMIT the return  it is sent to a holding room where it waits for the IRS to come and get the return  for processing. Once the return is pending at  the IRS for processing the return will be frozen and you will not be able to do anything in the tax file in TT ( not even complete the state return)  until the IRS either accepts or rejects your return. Do NOT be in a rush to get into the pool ... last time there were major tax reforms many early filer returns got lost/stuck in the IRS system and it took months for those returns to process ... I would NOT file any return until the bugs have been worked out.

NOW ... the IRS has not announced a start date for efiling the 2018 returns and with the current government shutdown it is predicted that it will not start before 2/1/19  SOOOO you have time to wait.  

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies