mr-d-

On the page "Enter your current mailing address" the default for 'Phone number' is (xxx) xxx-xxxx; but my phone number is [removed]. How do I enter MY Danish ph#?

Is the 'Phone number' required?

mesquitebean

Are you starting to prepare a 2016 return and in the Personal Info section?

If so, the mailing address page will only take a USA phone number.   You would need to leave the phone field blank.  A phone number is not required, and the IRS will not normally phone you as an initial means of contact anyway.

Also note that this is a public Internet forum, so I removed your phone number above.  No telling who might try to contact you.

mesquitebean

Andreavz13

Hi! I have a similar problem. I’m not owner of the first phone number that I provided. So I wanna change it but I can’t even access to my account. I have my password, then they send me to “verify my account” sending me a code by email but after that they wanna do a “double check” with my phone number and I DONT HAVE IT ANYMORE. I’m trying to sing in since yesterday and I didn’t have success. I know that exist “try something else” but they ask me questions about people that I don’t know so?? What can I do??