turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

On Schedule E Worksheet, Line 18a (Depreciation) - where can I see how this value is being computed. I cannot locate the exact value on any other worksheet in TT.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions
PatriciaV
Employee Tax Expert

On Schedule E Worksheet, Line 18a (Depreciation) - where can I see how this value is being computed. I cannot locate the exact value on any other worksheet in TT.

TurboTax reports depreciation details for a business or property on Form 4562 Depreciation & Amortization Report (see screenshot below - click to enlarge). You can access this report using Forms mode in TurboTax for Desktop. See How do I switch to Forms Mode in the TurboTax for Windows software?

Depreciation calculations are based on the depreciable basis, life, and method. Using that information from the Depreciation report, you should be able to confirm the current depreciation in the last column. The specific details on how depreciation is calculated can be found in IRS Publication 946 How To Depreciate Property.

The amount from the Current Depreciation column is carried to Schedule Wks (Property Name) Line 18a. This amount then goes to Schedule E, Page 1, Line 18. If you have more than one property, be sure to look in the row/column for that property.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

View solution in original post

1 Reply
PatriciaV
Employee Tax Expert

TurboTax reports depreciation details for a business or property on Form 4562 Depreciation & Amortization Report (see screenshot below - click to enlarge). You can access this report using Forms mode in TurboTax for Desktop. See How do I switch to Forms Mode in the TurboTax for Windows software?

Depreciation calculations are based on the depreciable basis, life, and method. Using that information from the Depreciation report, you should be able to confirm the current depreciation in the last column. The specific details on how depreciation is calculated can be found in IRS Publication 946 How To Depreciate Property.

The amount from the Current Depreciation column is carried to Schedule Wks (Property Name) Line 18a. This amount then goes to Schedule E, Page 1, Line 18. If you have more than one property, be sure to look in the row/column for that property.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies