• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mbacote001

On my tax paper it has my po Box but tht my mailing address but I claim head of househ old my physical address is on my w2 will that hurt me

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions
KarenL2
Level 5

On my tax paper it has my po Box but tht my mailing address but I claim head of househ old my physical address is on my w2 will that hurt me

You should be fine.  Many people use both a PO Box for certain purposes.  That said, if you are questioned by the IRS, you will need to produce evidence that you maintained the home.  Such things as utility bills in your name can help to support this.

View solution in original post

3 Replies
KarenL2
Level 5

You should be fine.  Many people use both a PO Box for certain purposes.  That said, if you are questioned by the IRS, you will need to produce evidence that you maintained the home.  Such things as utility bills in your name can help to support this.

View solution in original post

mbacote001

Thank you
KarenL2
Level 5

You're welcome.
Dynamic AdsDynamic Ads
Privacy Settings
v