Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

djstein1

On my extension request, I entered $25,000 as my total tax liability and $0 as amount paid to get to my estimated $25,000 left. In reality both #s should be 100K higher.

Do I need to submit a new form 4868, or is the net # the only # that matters?
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions
DDollar
Expert Alumni

On my extension request, I entered $25,000 as my total tax liability and $0 as amount paid to get to my estimated $25,000 left. In reality both #s should be 100K higher.

You do not need to send another Form 4868.  The only amount that matters is the amount you pay - it needs to be enough to pay your tax liability to avoid penalty and interest.  Those other amounts are just "estimates", and aren't used for anything.

View solution in original post

1 Reply
DDollar
Expert Alumni

You do not need to send another Form 4868.  The only amount that matters is the amount you pay - it needs to be enough to pay your tax liability to avoid penalty and interest.  Those other amounts are just "estimates", and aren't used for anything.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies