Solved: On Line 36 of IT-201, if my wife and I file jointly and have no one else living with us, should we list a "2" on that line, or should there be a "0"?

On Line 36 of IT-201, if my wife and I file jointly and have no one else living with us, should we list a "2" on that line, or should there be a "0"?

On New York Form IT-201 you should not enter anything on Line 36. TurboTax will fill in the correct amount.

If you and your wife are filing jointly and have no dependents, line 36 will be zero. You and your wife are not dependents.

("No one else living with us" does not necessarily mean that you have no dependents. In some cases you can claim a dependent who does not live with you. But I am assuming you mean that you have no dependents listed in section H on page 1 of Form IT-201.)