sawaiianlion

Old Employer doesn't have my new address for my tax return how do I change that?

My old employer fired me in April of 2017, but I started a Brand New Job in May of 2017 and I have recently moved. How do I tell my old employer of my address change so my tax return gets to me properly?

robtm

You'll have to contact your old employer by mail or phone and give him your new address.

robtm

That is correct. Your old employer will have to provide you with a W-2 in January. You need to contact the employer to give them the updated address so they can mail your W-2
fanfare

Try the US Post Office  mail-forwarding service for persons who have moved.

Meanwhile it's still up to you to notify important correspondents.

tstamps20

well, i would not listen to those above answers.

not everyone left on good terms with their job and boss so why would they want to speak to them and give them the address to their new place....

the proper thing to do is contact USPS post office and do a change of address form. That way all your mail, because we don't only just get w2's as mail, will be redirected to the new address you told the post office about. 

that's how to do it correctly. not everyone wants to tell their old boss their new address.