Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Ohio Return 2022 Rejected? Never Sent

I received the rejection message seen below, minutes after transmitting.  It appears that the e-file wasn't even sent by TurboTax.  In discussing this with a TT expert they said it was an issue with Ohio and was adamant that it was not a TT issue.  I called Ohio Tax and they said they don't know of any issue.  I can use their online entry to file as there aren't any special circumstances on my return.  10 days to wait to file or online file through the state process.  TT took the money to e-file but it appears to be their issue and were aware of it since they themselves said they didn't send it, but put it on hold.   Any insights?

Let's Take A Look at Your Return
Description of error:
Your tax filing is on hold as we finish working on an area that may impact your tax return. Please check back again for updates on or after March 2, 2023.
What needs to be done:
Your return hasn't been e-filed due to ongoing updates. This update is scheduled for release on March 2, 2023.
Apply the update on or after that date (online products update automatically), revisit your state return for any errors and save (online products update & save automatically). After reviewing your state return, re-transmit for e-file.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

2 Replies
MichelleLO
Intuit Alumni

Many states need to apply updates due to recent law changes. Mid-March is the target date for those changes. 

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

Well, that could be the case but it is a disconnect that another state return I filed for a relative went through without an issue. I also talked directly to the state tax commission and they knew nothing about any updates. Lastly, I gave up on waiting 10 days to get an update blamed on the state systems and keyed it manually into their online system. Got the same answer as the TurboTax calculation and it was more efficient than the e-file run around. Lack of transparency to me as a consumer from somewhere. 

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies