turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Should I be concerned with the IRS2Go app saying it can’t provide Me with information with my return?

The other day I saw my refund was accepted by the IRS. Now, periodically, I check that mobile app, it says that it can’t provide me information regarding the status of my refund. Should I be worried or concerned ? When I try to call the number that’s on it, says that live assistance is not available -&- resume as quickly as possible. 

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions

Should I be concerned with the IRS2Go app saying it can’t provide Me with information with my return?

The IRS doesn't start processing returns officially until January 28.   Every January there are a few returns they pull early for testing, and it sounds like that is what happened to you, and thus your early acceptance.   It's possible they won't do any more processing on your return until they officially open, or they may test it periodically before then.  So you may see it come and go with that tool.

Perhaps that message came up because it's not actively processing at the moment.  I wouldn't worry about unless it continues to not give you info after they officially open on January 28.  

If you want to double-check that your return was indeed accepted, sign into your account and look at the return status, or you can check with this tool:
https://shop.turbotax.intuit.com/efile/efile_status_lookup.jsp

View solution in original post

10 Replies

The IRS doesn't start processing returns officially until January 28.   Every January there are a few returns they pull early for testing, and it sounds like that is what happened to you, and thus your early acceptance.   It's possible they won't do any more processing on your return until they officially open, or they may test it periodically before then.  So you may see it come and go with that tool.

Perhaps that message came up because it's not actively processing at the moment.  I wouldn't worry about unless it continues to not give you info after they officially open on January 28.  

If you want to double-check that your return was indeed accepted, sign into your account and look at the return status, or you can check with this tool:
https://shop.turbotax.intuit.com/efile/efile_status_lookup.jsp

Addendum:   By the way, if you have a  joint return, then be sure to use the primary taxpayer's SSN in that tool.  Using the wrong one can also generate a 9001 code.

While a 9001 code later in filing season is often a problem between checking with primary/secondary SSN, right now problems with WMR are most likely due to WMR not being ready for prime time yet for 2018 filing season.  So as I mentioned above, it may just be due to odd behavior with WMR and how it handles accepted returns before processing officially begins..

I see. Okay. But I file single so that’s where I’m a bit confused at. But I’ll wait anxiously -&- see if anything changes.

Yeah, there are a lot of people getting that message, even people who file single, so it's likely just because either WMR is not yet fully functional, or the IRS is not yet in its normal processing routine, which should improve after  they officially open on January 28.

Yea I’m getting the same message. Hoping it will change after Jan 28th.

Mine is still saying "can not provide any info at this time". I filed on 01/17/19 and it was accepted early, but has continued to say the same throughout. I'm concerned

Call the IRS from the screenshot above. Mine changed the other day from that to being approved with an estimated date of hitting my account on 6th but no later that 13th. What the reps said to me it was a systemic issue -&- that it needed an additional week of processing.

Rather on that screen when you put your info in. But if you see tax topic 152. You’re gonna get a refund. Did you claim any children by chance?

I see the tax topic 152....and yes I did claim my children. Thank you so much for commenting, feels good to know I'm not the only one not in the know!

No worries! They won’t begin to process it until Feb 15th. But now it’s just a waiting game. It’ll fly by before you know it! 🙂
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies