Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Attend our Ask the Experts event about Extension Filers on Sept 25! >> RSVP NOW!
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

No Tax forms for TN Hall Tax 2023?

The product I purchased includes a state download, I live and work in TN - Is there no state tax download for TN Forms?  Is the Hall Tax still not required for certain levels of Interest - very confusing that the download does not List TN, but shows TN in the State Tax section of the product, like there should be some calculations performed.

x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

5 Replies

Tennessee does not have a personal income tax of any kind so the Hall tax is no longer reported.

That's all fine and dandy, but then why is the product saying "For just $40, we can finish your Tennessee taxes in minutes."  Really?  Why do you want $40.... why when I originally went to the state list is TN not listed - why try to sell me forms that aren't available or necessary in the product.  I have used TT for over a decade.  I used a preparer last year (2022) and came back because it was just as easy to do them myself - but I have never experienced this before.

@cmnath Understand.  I see the same thing for a Florida tax return which also does not have a personal income tax.  Just continue past those screens and ignore the message for the Tennessee state return.

Why it shows that is because the TurboTax software designers/programmers have not done their job correctly.

FL is also listed as a state, with which for $40, you can download and prepare a FL state tax return. Folks questioning whether to file a FL return, might want to consider the following:

https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/state-taxes/discussion/how-do-i-know-if-i-need-to-file-florida-sta... 

FL does have an option for some FEW people.

People owning rental properties in FL do have forms to file, or if they own a FL based business.

But it isn't always clear to people that they can skip those entirely unless they are in that situation.

____________*Answers are correct to the best of my knowledge when posted, but should not be considered to be legal or official tax advice.*
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies