turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

sgs7

How do i override an answer that I typed earlier so that the program doesn't continue to say error when I go to send

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions
StevenC1

How do i override an answer that I typed earlier so that the program doesn't continue to say error when I go to send

• Go to "My Account"
  • Select "Tools"
  • Under the Tools Center, select "Delete a Form"
  • Scroll down list of forms and find the one relating to real estate
  • Select delete to the right.
  • Confirm deletion

https://ttlc.intuit.com/replies/5786533

View solution in original post

9 Replies
StevenC1

what question are you trying to override
sgs7

I typed in real estate taxes that should be shared by two of us rather than the full amount on my tax return.. when I override the system to type in the correct number , an error pops up when I am about to send
StevenC1

Okay, recommend deleting the form containing that real estate information, then going back to that section and reentering.  Please give me a minute, and I will post that information as to how.
sgs7

Thank You!!
StevenC1

Once you continue back to return, go back into federal tab to reenter.
StevenC1

Okay, please refresh screen.  I have added the navigation that should get you back to Property taxes.  Let me know if this solves your dillema 🙂
sgs7

Thanks for your help. I will work on it later today.
StevenC1

No prob, have a great day!!
StevenC1

• Go to "My Account"
  • Select "Tools"
  • Under the Tools Center, select "Delete a Form"
  • Scroll down list of forms and find the one relating to real estate
  • Select delete to the right.
  • Confirm deletion

https://ttlc.intuit.com/replies/5786533

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies