turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

macman48

Billing not clear

Turbo tax was suppose to be free throw my pnc bank account now they billed me for 80$ and if they knew or should have know that I owed back taxes and my refund wouldn’t cover the back taxes along with the turbo tax fees “that I wasn’t suppose to owe!” They should have let me know before I filled my taxes !!!

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

9 Replies

Billing not clear

Ok ... first if you owed taxes then you could not have used the refund processing option.   And how could TT possibly know you had an offset and that you would not be getting a refund at all ?   Did you even know ?  

Next, the federal return may have been free but the state was not and the refund processing fee was not so those are the fees you agreed to BEFORE you filed ... if you did not like the fees you should have asked about them at that time not this late in the game. 

Bottom line is you used the TT program and filed the return and TT needs to be paid ... you said you would no less than 3 times in the program ( hopefully you read the disclosures you were agreeing to at least once).  Read the email that tells you what to expect if you do not make the payment prior to the debit. 

macman48

Billing not clear

Critter is the right name for you

Billing not clear

Don't shoot the messenger ... it is up to you to read the screens and understand them... in the future please ask the question earlier ... if you had a dozen posters would have given you the low down on the pricing structure.
macman48

Billing not clear

I should have used a reputable tax service that checks your past returns and if I knew I would be hit with deceptive fees would have and any tax service that has people named critter shilling for them should be a read flag to others

Billing not clear

No other service can check your past returns or know if you still owed something.  Sounds like you knew.  And the fees were shown on several screens before you filed.  You had to agree to them.  We could have told you about the Free File website.

Billing not clear

NONE of the DIY programs have any access to your prior year returns and do you really expect them to or want them to ????    There was nothing deceptive going on ... to see your fees you only had to read the screens ... not anyone else's fault you did not do so. And just because you are mad at your situation doesn't mean you should take it out on others.  

And FYI ... I don't work for TT ... I just try to answer questions on the PUBLIC forum ... and "critter" was my camp name which I use as my moniker here.... not sure what that has to do with the price of tea in china.
macman48

Billing not clear

H&R Block is offering a 'Second Look' at your prior years' tax returns

Billing not clear

But not from the IRS returns.  They look at another company like from Turbo Tax.  That won't show you owe prior tax due to the IRS or anything else you owe.

Billing not clear

Block has offered that "Second Look" for decades ... nothing new but as VG said it is like the teacher grading your prior year returns to see if they are correct ... it has absolutely nothing to do with the situation you face.  Even if you owed on the prior year returns nothing would indicate if you paid off the balance due or not ... only YOU would know if you had or not.   So if YOU knew you had an outstanding debt and you KNEW you would not get the refund then it is YOU  that tried to scam the system and if you do not pay the TT fees it is YOU  that are being fraudulent.  Please stop trying to put the blame on others and man up to your responsibilities.
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies