Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Do I send my federal tax forms to the regular IRS address If I'm attaching a form W-7?

Do I also attach the W-7 to my state tax forms?
Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

7 Replies
nyinyeb

Do I send my federal tax forms to the regular IRS address If I'm attaching a form W-7?

No, because you are filing your tax return as an attachment to your ITIN application, you should not mail your return to the address listed in the Form 1040, 1040A or 1040EZ instructions. Instead, send your return, Form W-7 and proof of identity and foreign status documents to:

Internal Revenue Service
     Austin Service Center
     ITIN Operation
     P.O. Box 149342
     Austin, TX 78714-9342

Please see the following IRS link for more information- https://www.irs.gov/individuals/general-itin-information

Also, If you need to file a state tax return: Mail the signed state return and a copy of Form W-7 to your state's regular filing address.

Please see response below for additional information.

https://ttlc.intuit.com/replies/6022611

I erroneously sent my form W-7 together with my tax return to wrong address, will they still process my ITIN application? I sent my docs to IRS, Austin TX 73301 instead to the address of ITIN Operations...

I erroneously sent my form W-7 together with my tax return to wrong address, will they still process my ITIN application? I sent my docs to IRS, Austin TX 73301 instead to the address of ITIN Operations...

@101010alvarez I am in the exact same situation - would you please let us know what happened in your case? Unfortunately, I ended up sending the W7 and 1040 to TX 73301 instead of the ITIN Operations and was unable to find what happens next. Would really appreciate your response here! 

Will they forward it to the correct address ?   Answer is maybe ... you have to ask the IRS that question. 

What happens at the end in your case they did forward the documents to the right place?  Thank you please let me know

What happens at the end in your case they did forward the documents to the right place?  Thank you please let me know

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies