Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

NFT Import from ETH Wallet

Hi,

I am a NFT artist who buys and sells NFT on eth network. TurboTax asked me if I sold NFT and I answered yes. But then it says NFT will be available soon. When is that soon? Is it this year?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

5 Replies
AmyC
Expert Alumni

NFT is a capital asset and when sold goes on sch D. When you sell crypto- also property, it is also reported on sch D. Unless you sold the crypto at a loss due to personal use, like a drink at Starbucks.

Sch D is available and you can enter the transaction using Stocks, Mutual Funds, Bonds, Other. 

If you are trying to import from a partner, see if your company is a participating TurboTax Import Partner. Since TurboTax must work with other companies as they prepare forms and then make it work in our system, the best option would be to contact them and see when they will be ready and then add a couple of days for us to make it work.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

I got a message from TurboTax that says "NFT will be available soon". What does that mean though? 

ChondelLO
Intuit Alumni

How did you receive the TurboTax message? Was it in TurboTax or via email? @ReyBafa

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

While filing taxes online, TurboTax asked me "Did I sell any NFT?" in the Crypto section and I answered yes. Then a message popped up and said it will be available soon and will be notified by email. So my question is when is that "soon"?

MoniqueLO_
Intuit Alumni

We do not have access to that information in this public forum. Please feel free to contact Customer Support so you can speak with someone who can assist you.

@ReyKafi 

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies