I started a new job in october of 2021. Ever since, federal taxes haven't been getting deducted from my paychecks. I file married jointly with 4 dependents. The w4 for had changed over time and it asked me how many dependents so I put 4. I have tried to change this numerous times with my employer however taxes aren't being deducted still and i'm worred i will have to owe next year. Please help!
The new W-4 form is very different from the old for. It seems you need to change your response in Step 3 where it asks for qualifying children / dependents.
- In Step 3 - you need to reduce or remove the number of qualifying children on line 1.
- In Step 3 - you need to reduce or remove the number of qualifying children on line 2.
- The other alternative you have is to go to Step 4 (c) - extra withholding and enter any additional tax you want withheld each pay period.
- You can use our free tax calculator to estimated your taxes for the year: https://turbotax.intuit.com/tax-tools/calculators/w4/
- Or you can use the IRS W-4 calculator: http://www.irs.gov/W4App
I hope this helps.
Thank you for using TurboTax Live
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"