Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Checking the box for qualified business income causes my taxes on Turbotax to go up! How can that be?

Both my wife and I have Schedule C businesses (not incorporated) in addition to wages from jobs.  If I check the box "yes" for my wife's Schedule C for "qualified business income", our taxes calculated by TurboTax goes down -- as I would expect since it is a deduction.  But then, oddly, if I check the same box for my Schedule C, our taxes jump up hundreds of dollars.  What is wrong here?  How could qualifying for a deduction by checking yes raise our taxes rather than the other way around.  Is this a bug in Turbotax?

x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions

Checking the box for qualified business income causes my taxes on Turbotax to go up! How can that be?

Never mind.  I was mis-reading the calculations.  Looks everything was working just right.

View solution in original post

2 Replies
KrisD
Intuit Alumni

Glad to hear. Thank you for using TurboTax.

Never mind.  I was mis-reading the calculations.  Looks everything was working just right.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies