Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

jhelser83

Needing to Amend my Tax Return to include 1095-A

Why did Turbo Tax not catch that I didnt include my 1095-A information which is what i had done very year previously?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

4 Replies

See this TurboTax support FAQ for amending a tax return - https://ttlc.intuit.com/turbotax-support/en-us/help-article/tax-return/amend-change-correct-return-a...

During the interview you were asked if you received a Form 1095-A.  You must have continued past that screen.

To enter your Form 1095-A -

• Click on Federal Taxes (Personal using Home and Business)
  • Click on Deductions and Credits
  • Click on I'll choose what I work on (if shown)
  • Scroll down to Medical
  • On Affordable Care Act (Form 1095-A), click the start or update button

Or enter 1095-a in the Search box located in the upper right of the program screen. Click on Jump to 1095-a

jhelser83

Thank you so much for the quick reply.

I definitely was not asked about this 

I will work on this when I get home.

Was this why my refund was so much lower than the year before?

Where can I find the information on my Tax Return form from the year before. 

What section?

Jamie

@jhelser83 

If you reported a Form 1095-A on your 2021 federal tax return then Form 8962, Premium Tax Credit would have been populated by the TurboTax program.  If you were eligible for the Excess advance premium tax credit it will be on the Form 8962 Line 29.  This amount flows to Schedule 3 Line 9 and the total from Schedule 3 Part II Line 15 flows to the Form 1040 Line 31 as a credit.

To access your prior year online tax returns sign onto the TurboTax website with the User ID you used to create the account - https://myturbotax.intuit.com/

Start the 2022 online tax return by entering some personal information then click on Tax Home on the left side of the screen.

On the Tax Home webpage -

Scroll down to the section Your tax returns & documents.  Click on the Year and Click on Download/print return (PDF)

If you used the desktop CD/Download editions installed on your computer, the only copy of your tax data file and any PDF's will be on the computer where the return was created.  TurboTax does not store online any returns completed using the desktop editions.

Ruth C-L
Employee Tax Expert

To answer your inquiry about why your refund was lower than the year before, I recommend reaching out to TurboTax Support to discuss the specifics of your tax return further. Our tax experts will go over your tax return and discuss the areas that impacted your tax refund. 

Thank you for using TurboTax!

Ruth C-L, CPA, Attorney

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies