Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

j95219

Need personal and estate/trust capability

I understand that two different editions of TurboTax desktop software cannot be installed for the same year at the same time.

I need to do personal filings (with investments) as well as filings for two trusts.  I see that TurboTax Business is needed for trusts, but it's not obvious that Business can also do personal filings.  I have used Premier for years for personal filings because I have investments.

What combination of desktop software and/or sequence of uninstalling/installing do I need to do to produce both personal and trust returns?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions

You need the Turbo Tax Business Desktop program.  It  is a separate program from Home & Business.  It is not available to do online or on a Mac.  And it will not do your personal 1040 return.  You can have both Turbo Tax Business and a personal version (like Home & Business) installed at the same time.

You can buy the Window's version here…..

TurboTax® Business Desktop 2023-2024 | Tax Software Download

View solution in original post

4 Replies

You need the Turbo Tax Business Desktop program.  It  is a separate program from Home & Business.  It is not available to do online or on a Mac.  And it will not do your personal 1040 return.  You can have both Turbo Tax Business and a personal version (like Home & Business) installed at the same time.

You can buy the Window's version here…..

TurboTax® Business Desktop 2023-2024 | Tax Software Download

j95219

I am not using Home & Business.  I have Premier, and I just purchased Business.

My question is whether Business can also do personal returns, or if I must do some uninstall/install sequence for the two editions to be able to accomplish what I need on a single computer.

j95219

Sorry - I did not understand the last part of your post when I first read it.

Please confirm that I can have both Premier and Business installed on the same desktop at the same time.

Yes you can have both installed at the same time on the same computer.  I have done it.  

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies