Sign Up

Why sign in to the Community?

  • Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
New Member

Need help with adjusment

I got my information for 1099R income from my investment website for tax info. When I recieved the hard copy it had a different income and tax witheld total. I already got my refund, Do I do an adjustment next year?

1 Reply
New Member

Need help with adjusment

Nope.  It is possible that the IRS will send you a letter either asking you to send them a check or telling you that they will send you one, for the difference in the version you filed and their copy of your 1099-R.  In that case you can just accept their judgement, or dispute it if you think they have it wrong.  You would not make an adjustment on the next year return.  That would just create confusion.  You can file an Amended Return if you like, but I don't think you will need to.  However if the difference is very great and the IRS does not inform you about it by the middle of this year or so, you might want to and include a copy of the correct 1099-R. 

Dynamic AdsDynamic Ads
Privacy Settings