Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Need a access code that works

need a access code
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

11 Replies

I need an access code that works

Follow the steps in the answer below ... mine always work when I follow those steps.

*** make sure you use the code in the body of the text and not the sender code in the heading ***

Please allow a little bit of time for the code to get to your email. It is not always instant and can take a few minutes or more to arrive. You may need to refresh your email inbox as some systems require it. Also, check your spam folder as well just in case it went there instead of your inbox.  

Here are a few things you can try:

1.     Make sure to leave the window open that asks you for the code. It appears as though if you close this window and go back after you receive the code, the code will no longer be valid. If you need your browser to get your e-mail, open a new separate window, don't close the TurboTax window.

2.     Make sure you are using the most recent code and not using a prior one. So if you make another attempt to enter the code make sure you use the most recent one sent to you. Every time that you ask for a code it cancels out all the previous ones that were sent and only takes the most recent.

3.     You can also try a different method to receive your code. Instead of using your email if you can try receiving it thru text message instead.

To get your verification code sent as a text, you have to select that option in your account settings. You will need to gain access to the account and then:
1.) Click My Account
2.) Account Settings
3.) Under the Security tab, select Two Step Verification and enter your mobile information and password.
To get access to make your changes, you can have the code sent to your email address or select the Confirm your account in another way option.

4.     If none of the above works, then please select "I forgot my password" and then select "I don't know my username." The system will then ask for your name, address and SSN, and it will attempt to verify your identity by asking questions from your credit report that only you are likely to know.  

I need a code that works so that I can finish  and that I can verify  who I am

MichelleLO
Intuit Alumni

@Judy winder Can you please clarify your question, are you referring to a license code for a CD/Download TurboTax product?

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

I've been actively using TT for at least a month.  Today after

getting a TT update I was treated like this was a new installation.  I was asked a code which I entered. The code

was rejected. I am 93 years old and been using TT for many

years.  Help me to get my return completed by letting me

get into my TT.

MichelleLO
Intuit Alumni

Please reach out to TurboTax Customer Support as your issue would be best resolved with one-on-one support. Please visit the Contact Us page and select your product to get you to the right person.
@rjscott27

I want to file my taxes but I need to access code I'm having problems getting the access code

CarissaM
Intuit Alumni

If you need your access code, it would be best to click here to contact customer support. 

We are unable to access your account here in this public forum. 

I need my access code

MichelleLO
Intuit Alumni

Are you referring to the verification code or license code? 

If you are having trouble with receiving your verification code, please see this TurboTax Help Article: What if I'm having trouble with my filing verification code?

If you are not able to locate your license code, see I can't find my license code.

If either of those does not resolve your issue, please reach out to Customer Support. 

What is the TurboTax phone number? 

@butchschultz

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies