or and start working on your taxes
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Darryel24
Returning Member

My unemployment

My unemployment refunds were 81.00. I honestly don't think that's right. How do you check to see if it is right? 

3 Replies
OpeA1
Employee Tax Expert

My unemployment

Hi Darryel124!

Please use the following link to get your Online Transcript from the IRS. The transcript will show how the IRS calculated your taxes and refund.

https://www.irs.gov/individuals/get-transcript 

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
Darryel24
Returning Member

My unemployment

I did download the transcripts. But it doesn't show me how they calculated it. It shows that my unemployment was $8342.00 when I did my taxes they took out way more than 81 bucks 

OpeA1
Employee Tax Expert

My unemployment

I am sorry I did not mention the various types of transcripts. Please make sure you requested the Tax Return Transcript from the IRS. Here is what is should provide:

• Tax Return Transcript - shows most line items including your adjusted gross income (AGI) from your original Form 1040-series tax return as filed, along with any forms and schedules. It doesn't show changes made after you filed your original return. This transcript is only available for the current tax year and returns processed during the prior three years. A tax return transcript usually meets the needs of lending institutions offering mortgages and student loans. Note: the secondary spouse on a joint return must use Get Transcript Online or Form 4506-T to request this transcript type. When using Get Transcript by Mail or phone, the primary taxpayer on the return must make the request.

https://www.irs.gov/individuals/transcript-types-and-ways-to-order-them 

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
Dynamic AdsDynamic Ads
Privacy Settings
v