Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

My taxes were never paid via Turbotax even though I specified? Will I have to pay a penalty? When will the payment go through?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

4 Replies

My taxes were never paid via Turbotax even though I specified? Will I have to pay a penalty? When will the payment go through?

When did you file?  
**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

I filed the 14th and  specified payment to be made from my savings account on the 15th (earliest date allowed by TurboTax UI)

No, you should not have a penalty since you selected pay yesterday since you submitted it on time.  It is like other payments, you can pay your electric bill today but the payment may not come out of your account for 3 days. 

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

Thanks, still not hitting the savings account but I guess I have the proof on my schedule and the return was accepted on the 14th.  
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies