turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

My tax returns were lost in the mailing. Now I want to switch my tax returns to "E-file" before it is too late. But I can't find where to switch to Efile on the website.

I'm aware the deadline to file taxes is April 15th, would it be best to risk re-mailing them? Even so, I just want to e-file in case. Would this also affect any amended returns?
Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Reply

My tax returns were lost in the mailing. Now I want to switch my tax returns to "E-file" before it is too late. But I can't find where to switch to Efile on the website.

Did you file an Amended return for 2023?  You shouldn't file an amended return  until the first return is fully processed and you got the first refund or paid the tax due.  How do you know they were lost in the mail?  Did you get a tracking number from the post office when you mailed it?  

You can switch to efile but if the IRS gets a mailed return and an efiled return it will delay your refund.

In TurboTax Online, sign in to your account.
Select Tax Home in the left menu.
Scroll down to Your tax returns & documents.
Select 2023, and then select Add a State (you're not actually adding a state, this just gets you back into your return).
https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/e-file/help/how-do-i-change-from-mail-to-e-file-in-turbotax-online...

If you have a refund there is no penalty if you file after April 15, 2024.  You have 3 years to file for a refund.  

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies