turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

My Tax Return

I have never received my amended Federal Tax return ($3242) as well as my State Tax return ($571). I filled on May 28th 2021 for the amended tax return and I have gotten no notice from the IRS or anything. I did receive a $1136 check but i have not received the rest of my return. I don’t know what going on, I’ve been trying to get status info on my return but no one ever answers. If I could get some help that would be great, thanks!

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

2 Replies
SoCalGal2021
Employee Tax Expert

My Tax Return

Hi Thomasvan20.  Yes the IRS has been unusually delayed in processing amended returns.  You can track their progress by setting up an IRS account, Under Records Select Transcripts and look at your 2020 Account Transcript. Focus on the Transactions.  Refunds will be reported here before they arrive in your bank account.

https://www.irs.gov/newsroom/irs-online-account-can-help-taxpayers-get-ready-to-file-their-tax-retur...

Did you efile or mail in the 2020 amended return?  I have to assume mailed amendments will take longer to be reviewed, but the IRS has added staff to handle their increased mail.

Suggestions for Contacting the IRS

The IRS telephone number is 1-800-829-1040, and they are available from 7 a.m. – 7 p.m. Monday thru Friday. The best time to call is early in the morning.
The first question the automated system will ask you is to choose your language.
Once you’ve set your language, do NOT choose Option 1 (regarding refund info). Choose option 2 for “Personal Income Tax” instead.
Next, press 1 for “form, tax history, or payment”.
Next, press 3 “for all other questions.”
Next, press 2 “for all other questions.”
When the system asks you to enter your SSN or EIN to access your account information, do NOT enter anything.
After it asks twice, you will be prompted with another menu.
Press 2 for personal or individual tax questions.
Finally, press 4 for all other inquiries. The system should then transfer you to an agent.

Do this help answer your question?

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
drc845443
Employee Tax Expert

My Tax Return

Good afternoon,

I recommend that you try accessing your transcript on the IRS website to for transactions related to your 2020 tax return. You can follow the instructions in the link below to access your IRS transcript for 2020 (see section on how to check for your transcript online), then review the transactions.

https://www.cnet.com/personal-finance/taxes/no-unemployment-tax-refund-yet-how-to-check-your-irs-tra...

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies