turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

My tax return was accepted and the blue line on my TurboTax screen is all the way across what does that mean

I have an estimated date but when I check if i do have  a estimated date  I can't find anything
Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

5 Replies
SandraM

My tax return was accepted and the blue line on my TurboTax screen is all the way across what does that mean

When the blue line is complete, it means that the IRS has accepted your return and that you have an estimated refund date (if you are expecting a tax refund). Please note that the IRS issues most refunds within 21 days of your return being accepted.

TurboTax tracks whether your federal tax return as been accepted or rejected, and gives an estimate on when you can expect to receive your tax refund.  Please see the following Turbo Tax FAQ for information on tracking your federal refund:

https://ttlc.intuit.com/replies/3288568

Please review the following Turbo Tax FAQ on how to track your state refund:

https://ttlc.intuit.com/replies/3300211

No it doesn't mean that! My line has been completed for a lil more than 2 weeks right now and I have not received anything!

JeanneLO
Intuit Alumni

The meter in TurboTax is based on an estimate of when people typically receive their refund. Once your tax return is accepted TurboTax no longer receives updates from the IRS and you should track your status on Where’s My Refund?. It has the most up to date information available about your refund. The tool is updated daily (usually overnight) so you will just usually need to check once a day for progress.

For more on the timing of your refund please see this and what updates you will see as your return goes from processing to approved: TurboTax FAQ.

@Firsttimer

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
Marquez01

Mine told me it was accepted 2 hrs and the blue line was half way? 

Man once again it means nothing don't not pay attention to the line only the wmr site gives you the answer you need

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies