Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

serenityblade23
Returning Member

Tax Year Prior to 2020: My stimulus got rejected. Why? What do I do?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

64 Replies

No one on this forum would know why your stimulus submission was rejected.  

Are you being claimed as a dependent?  Was there a message on the email you received?

serenityblade23
Returning Member

It just said print the form and mail it to the IRS. All I receive for income is child support from my ex husband. I put how much I get a year from that as my AGI. I'm not sure what else I need to do besides send whatever paper I need to send them.

serenityblade23
Returning Member

And no I'm not being claimed by anyone

@serenityblade23 wrote:

It just said print the form and mail it to the IRS. All I receive for income is child support from my ex husband. I put how much I get a year from that as my AGI. I'm not sure what else I need to do besides send whatever paper I need to send them.

Child support is not income and you should not have entered that on a tax return.

Appears that you will have to print and mail the form to the IRS.

My stimulus submission was rejected when I was entering the required info to have the money direct deposited. I already did my taxes for 2019 with another company. When it asked me for my AGI, it wanted my 2018 AGI. I thought that was weird, but I put the 2018 AGI anyway and submitted thinking it was ok. The portal is not allowing me to resubmit and is instructing me to print, adjust some info, and mail to the IRS. I have no problem doing this, but will my deposit be delayed? Why did turbotax assume i didnt do my 2019 taxes and ask for my 2018 AGI?

Thx for your time.

@BeezKneez TurboTax has no way to know that you have already filed a 2019 tax return.  Since the IRS had already accepted your 2019 tax return, this submission was rejected by the IRS.

If you changed your direct deposit information then mail the forms to the IRS as directed.

I suspect the 2018 info requirement is a fraud check.... only you would know that number.  

i also wonder if the requirement to print is another fraud check (they don't want people guessing at the inputs which could be a red flag that there is fraud occuring)

Mine also was rejected. I don’t understand why. I’ve been a stay at home mom since 2017. So I’m just going to mail mine in and hope it doesn’t get lost in paperwork or delayed. So unfair. 

I filed married with my husband on his taxes but I tried to change it for my stimulus check to go to my account because were getting divorced now. But it got rejected 

@Destinylwood -  we don't know if there are going to be two checks or one check for a married couple. 

Further, if it is one check, I suspect the check will be made out to both of you since you filed jointly . if that is the case you BOTH would need to endorse the check to cash it.  if one spouse tried to cash it without the other's endorsement on the back of the check, that would be fraud! 

if you already filed 2018 or 2019 they already know you filed, so that may be why it was rejected. 

Many unknowns here. 

My stimulus got rejected and I need a PIN that I never received and Can't get online to file this is just getting complicated 

LeonardS
Expert Alumni

This link What do I need to do to get my stimulus payment? has information on how to apply for the stimulus check.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

Mine was accepted. And all I did was use intuit's simple directions and voila.

Sherial89

Same thing I was wondering cause it happened to me as well

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies