Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

My stimulus check is wrong. What now?

My stimulus check is wrong also! I only got $1700 and it should have been $2200. I have 2 sons and they only gave me the $500 for one of them.  I can't find anyone to report this too and get it fixed! Where do we go?

I lost my job in early 2019 so I made sure I filed my 2019 taxes so the stimulus would reflect that and not my 2018 taxes.  The IRS accepted my 2019 taxes weeks ago but I still received $366 instead of $1200.  I have heard other people say they use the 2019 taxes if you made more money than 2018.  So they are cherry picking the year you made the most money, regardless of which is more recent?  Is this just a scam to try and cut the $1200 to the lowest amount possible?  I'm furious.  

Tony2toes

Same here. We have 4 kids youngest being 4yrs old. Got 2600 and change. We made 158000 so should have only taken around 400 dollar hit for me and wife but get 2 grand for kids. Just under 4 grand is what we expected.  Confused and no one to call on IRS website

Palomino

I filed our 2019  tax return in March and have already received the refund. We were well below the threshold of $150,000 Married filing jointly but we only received $1398 with two dependents. I'm thankful for that but was expecting $3400. We did have a better year in 2018 but my wife no longer works. 

Thoughts on if we will have to wait until next April?  

HUNTEMUP

We only got credit for one child even though Our 2019 taxes were filed indicating we now have two children. 

Bdiggity

I have the same issue.  They didn't pay  me for my 2 one year olds that were listed as dependents on 2018 and 2019. 

My wife and I were shorted on ours, and I do not know who to call, they sent us 1400.00 and it should have been 2400.00 our household AGI IS under the 150000.00

Does anyone know who to call?

Phmoran74

We met all the requirements, filed jointly and have 6 eligible kids.  We got 4900, 5400.  What do we do?

OK... Same issue with us... 2 sons (2 and 5) were claimed on both the 2018 and 2019 tax returns.  We received $2900... Leaving off one child.   How do we follow up?

Budroll

Got 2400 but nothing for my 8month old baby that I claimed in 2019

Finally we are not alone! My husband files separate from me and only got $1700 instead of the $3700. Last year we just had our son on his taxes and this year there are 4 more children that we have custody of. I filed this years taxes for my husband and then 3 weeks later the IRS sent him a letter saying we were missing the 8962 form for health care so I am assuming they are going off of last years? Hopefully we can obtain some answers soon! I am about to send a letter to the IRS because customer service is closed.

Syreeta28
Returning Member

My check was short also and I want answers. I think it’s something  Turbo tax did and trying to get more money by possibly file another form for the IRS to claim our money.

BillM1102

I am married with a child I only received 2400 what do I do now?

@Mfrancis84  wrote:

this year there are 4 more children that we have custody of.

Having "custody of" does not mean that they are qualified.    How are they related to you?  Were they placed as foster children?   Did you receive the 2019 child tax credit for them?

**Disclaimer: This post is for discussion purposes only and is NOT tax advice. The author takes no responsibility for the accuracy of any information in this post.**

Me too? Any answers? Exact same situation...

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies