Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Event: Ask the Experts about your refund > RSVP NOW!
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

speedyd50

My state return is incomplete because I don't owe taxes back to my state; and I cant delete the state I entered or skip it. I just finished filing. Please help me.

When it was time to file my state taxes, it told me that I didn't have to file. So, instead of skipping my state like I was supposed to, I added my county and city. When I got to the final review, it told me that I needed to delete my state return because it is not needed. It would not let me delete it so I tried to start my state taxes over and skip it but it gave me the same issue. So I filed my taxes but now it is saying that the e-file for my state is incomplete. What am I supposed to do?
Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions
IreneS
Intuit Alumni

My state return is incomplete because I don't owe taxes back to my state; and I cant delete the state I entered or skip it. I just finished filing. Please help me.

Because your state return(s) was not transmitted with the federal return it will show a status of incomplete.  Since you do not have to file a state return, just ignore the message.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

View solution in original post

2 Replies
IreneS
Intuit Alumni

Because your state return(s) was not transmitted with the federal return it will show a status of incomplete.  Since you do not have to file a state return, just ignore the message.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
qcoles

its lets me ignore but it doesn't allow me to efile because of it. I just want to delete it. Is there a way
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies