speedyd50

My state return is incomplete because I don't owe taxes back to my state; and I cant delete the state I entered or skip it. I just finished filing. Please help me.

When it was time to file my state taxes, it told me that I didn't have to file. So, instead of skipping my state like I was supposed to, I added my county and city. When I got to the final review, it told me that I needed to delete my state return because it is not needed. It would not let me delete it so I tried to start my state taxes over and skip it but it gave me the same issue. So I filed my taxes but now it is saying that the e-file for my state is incomplete. What am I supposed to do?

IreneS

Because your state return(s) was not transmitted with the federal return it will show a status of incomplete.  Since you do not have to file a state return, just ignore the message.

IreneS

qcoles

its lets me ignore but it doesn't allow me to efile because of it. I just want to delete it. Is there a way