turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

Tax Year Prior to 2020: My state return came before my federal what does that mean? Federal has always come first and the state return usually a week or two after. Did something go wrong?

I filed on The 25th of January and it’s Feb 24th and I just got my state Refund does that mean I’ll be Getting my Fed Refund Soon ? 

Tax Year Prior to 2020: My state return came before my federal what does that mean? Federal has always come first and the state return usually a week or two after. Did something go wrong?

No way to know.   The IRS might take a long time.  Federal and state are completely separate.  

I normally get my Federal First this Time I only Received my State Tax refund And not my Federal refund and that has me nervous 

The last couple years it was very common for people to get the state before federal.  The IRS has to check each return that claims the Recovery Rebate Credit on line 30 and other things.  

Has anyone received their Federal refund taxes that filed with TurboTax

MoniqueLO_
Intuit Alumni

Refunds usually take about 21 days after the IRS has accepted your e-filed return. Although, sometimes it can take longer. The IRS is taking more than 21 days (and up to 90 to 120 days) to issue refunds for tax returns with the Recovery Rebate Credit, Earned Income Tax Credit and Additional Child Tax Credit. Please see What if my IRS refund is taking longer than 21 days? for more information.

If the IRS has accepted your e-filed return, you can check the status of your refund by going directly to https://www.irs.gov/refunds.

@ANTMAN0905

Im trying to get the status of my federal and its saying wrong info but it's right, I need help

@Chewysheba

https://turbotax.intuit.com/tax-tools/efile-status-lookup/ 

https://ttlc.intuit.com/questions/2584108-why-is-there-no-record-of-my-return-at-where-s-my-refund-w...

Sometimes people get confused by the “summary” given by TurboTax and use the wrong amount for the federal refund.  Make sure you are only using the federal refund amount, and not an amount that combined your federal and state refunds.  

Your federal refund amount is on line 35a of your Form 1040

**Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to offer the most correct information possible. The poster disclaims any legal responsibility for the accuracy of the information that is contained in this post.**

Thank you so much

Why does it say accepted on turbo tax but not the IRSwhich amount do I use to chk where's my refund my federal amount or the total amount on my return

@jtrefethen 

https://turbotax.intuit.com/tax-tools/efile-status-lookup/ 

https://ttlc.intuit.com/questions/2584108-why-is-there-no-record-of-my-return-at-where-s-my-refund-w...

Sometimes people get confused by the “summary” given by TurboTax and use the wrong amount for the federal refund.  Make sure you are only using the federal refund amount, and not an amount that combined your federal and state refunds.  

Your federal refund amount is on line 35a of your Form 1040

https://www.irs.gov/refunds/tax-season-refund-frequently-asked-questions

**Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to offer the most correct information possible. The poster disclaims any legal responsibility for the accuracy of the information that is contained in this post.**

@jtrefethen When checking the IRS website, use the amount of your Federal refund as indicated on Form 1040.

I received my state last night. But not my federal yet, 

That's ok.  State can come first.  I got my state refund in 6 days but haven't gotten my federal yet.  

Klhanze88

I filed mine on February 24 and got it last week but I still haven't gotten my federal yet. Is that normal? I reside in CA

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies