Sandyugirl

My simple tax return was rejected. I filled out the form and entered my direct deposit info to get my stimulus check. Will i still get a check or no

KathrynG3

It depends on your circumstances. Please check here for more tips on: How to fix a rejected return. If your simple tax return had no errors and you otherwise did not need to file, then hold on to your return for now.

While you are waiting, you could register for updates from this link: TurboTax Updates for Stimulus Payment Registration

See this screenshot for what you are looking for at that link. Go to the link to actually register.

If the IRS has your direct deposit information and if you qualify, you will get a check. Keep checking this IRS Coronavirus page for updates. They currently are saying that the page will be updated within the next 3 weeks for people not automatically getting the economic impact payment.

For more information, see the resources below:

How will the stimulus package impact me?

What do I need to know about the Coronavirus Stimulus Package?

[Edited 4/6/2020 | 1:29 PM PST]

@Sandyugirl

jensey2015

i filed a tax return for 2019 but didnt have to cause i didnt make enough money and the tax retur

n was rejected will i still get my stimulus check without having to do any thing els 

jensey2015

so i should just wait dont worry about the rejected return that i didnt have to file anyway rite 

If the return you filed to get the stimulus check was not accepted then you must fix the rejection and refile it ... until you do the IRS will not send you the stimulus check since your information was never accepted.